- Office staff
- Europe (work from home)
- 2-5 years, 5 years or more
European Christian Mission International is searching for a new Communications Officer.
Purpose of the Role
The Communication Officer’s role is to help facilitate clear, timely and relevant communication with all ECM’s stakeholders, missionaries and field partners. Coordinating this communication requires good communication and relational skills as well as the ability to develop strategies, understand the importance of timing and setting, respond to crises and setbacks, and ensure that information released is consistent with the mission’s vision and values.
● Develop and implement a cohesive internal communications strategy.
● Maintain consistency with external communications strategy.
● Develop and implement a social media and digital communications strategy.
● Manage a communications budget.
● Develop a communication framework to ensure quality and consistency in messaging.
● Establish ‘profile raising’ strategies for ECM International to include regular news updates to the website, the use of social media and other digital communication platforms, promotional materials etc.
● Assist with planning of conferences and similar cross-mission events as required by the International Leadership Team.
● Actively participate in the Crisis Response Team.
● Other key responsibilities, as appropriate. These may include responsibilities that the candidate already has within ECM.
This role is required to maintain good working relationships with the following positions within ECM to achieve all listed goals and targets:
● Communication specialists in the Mobilisation Teams
● IT Team
● International Leadership Team
Accountability, working practices and hours
● The Communication Officer is accountable to the International Director.
● The successful candidate would be based in Europe (and must already have the right to live and work in that country), or be willing to work European office hours.
● Willing to travel throughout Europe
● The Communications Officer must adhere to the policies, values and processes that govern ECM’s compliance with best practice and legislation.
● This is a part-time role, requiring 25-30 hours per week.
Qualifications and Personal Requirements
● This position has a genuine occupational requirement for a committed evangelical Christian, a consistent relationship with Jesus and convictions in agreement with the ECM statement of faith.
● Demonstrated technical literacy, preferably in G-Suite, website and social media tools and desktop publishing software and with a demonstrated desire to stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms and digital technologies ensuring maximum effectiveness.
● Ability to effectively communicate in an engaging and inspiring way to different audiences.
● Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
● Excellent writing and editing skills, including ability to turn complex material into engaging content and journalistic ability to source stories.
● Design skills and an ability to deliver creative visual content.
● Knowledge & understanding of proper search engine optimisation strategies, techniques & best practices.
● Degree level or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
● Preferably three years experience in internal and/or external communications.
● Previous experience working in an intercultural multilingual context is critical to the success of this role.
● Experience of international mission.
● Experience of cross-cultural living.
● European language skills.
● Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
● Able to handle pressure well, meet tight deadlines and manage competing deadlines.
● Able to problem solve and provide creative solutions.
The remuneration package can be discussed with David James (firstname.lastname@example.org) before or during the interview. It would be welcomed if the successful candidate could contribute to the package through personal support.
How to apply
Applications should be sent by email to David James at email@example.com and must be received by 15th January 2021. Your application should comprise:
1. A covering letter, of not more than two pages, outlining your motivation and relevant experience for the role.
● Please talk about your fit with the Christian faith and motivation we seek in our Communications Officer. Christian faith is an Occupational Requirement for this position.
● Please include the names of your three referees. Please note – these referees will not be contacted until late in the process and only with your prior agreement. The names and details of your referees will be held in strictest confidence.
2. A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing positions, responsibilities held and relevant achievements.
Interviews will take place in February and March 2021.
Information about ECM
You can find more information about ECMI here.