Prayer in a Pandemic
Europe has been dubbed the “epicentre” for the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the World Health Organisation. So far 16,000 people have died world wide, with a third of those deaths in Italy, which accounts for two thirds of the total number of deaths in Europe alone.
According to Euronews, the UK has now joined Belgium, France, Italy, Greece, Ireland and Spain in enforcing strict social distancing protocols, such as only leaving your house for an hour a day.
ECM missionaries are caught up in the middle of all this, with many of them trying to work out how to serve the Gospel when you can’t meet with people!
But our God is still sovereign and the Lord Jesus still sits on the throne, all this is under His control.
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8
He is the Alpha and Omega.
- For people in Europe to obey the authorities and practice social distancing, that Christians would be examples of this as a way of loving others.
- For ECM missionaries in Europe to be patient and loving to family members who they may be confined with!
- That ECM missionaries would come up with creative ways to love and share the gospel with people at this time.
- That the pandemic is brought under control and that businesses that have been forced to close, won't be closed for long.
- That the government would provide for people who no longer have work.
- That believers throughout Europe would stand firm in faith and not in fear.
- That the Lord Jesus would use this time of trial to draw many people to Himself, as they are confronted with our frailty and mortality, and that His name would be glorified.