Who is my neightbour?
After over 20 years in church planting and literature distribution ministry, Radovan is now semi-retired but continues to travel regularly to Bugojno, Bosnia (a round trip of about 80 kms) to teach the Bible and be a disciple maker. Bugojno, a town of over 30,000, has only a handful of believers who Radovan seeks to support as they bear witness to the good news of Jesus Christ.
Radovan Trajkovski, ECM Partner in Ministry, Bosnia
Covid-19 has certainly reminded us quite strikingly of our need for relationship, and of being together with others of our own kind.
Recently, a number of Samaritan’s Purse gift boxes arrived for distribution among the families of Bogojno that we have contact with, where a small group of us are reaching out with the gospel and studying God’s Word.
On Gift-Day, a good crowd met with us in the church building and listened attentively (despite the excitement) as I spoke of the Samaritan’s compassion for his neighbour (Luke 10:33); when he did everything to care for the man who had been attacked, and more. It is also a great reminder of what the Lord Jesus has done for us as he too did all that was needed, to care for sinners like us, when he died on the cross to take our punishment and rose again.
You could see the anticipation of the children and the faces of the families as they then received their boxes. One lady was given enough for her 7 children, but if you looked closely the gift of God’s Word also went out with each box in the form of a children’s book of Bible stories.
- Praise God for the compassion of Samaritan’s Purse; for the opportunity to show the love of Christ; and for the joy the boxes bring to the families who receive them.
- Pray that the Word of God, shared with adults and children alike on distribution day, will sink deep into hearts and bear fruit.
- Pray that both adults and children will read the Bible stories, be curious to know more, and to ask questions about Jesus the Saviour.
- Pray for God to move in the hearts of the people of Bugojno.
- Ask for God to raise up more Christians workers and mature leaders to help us share the Gospel with our neighbours.
- 28 - July - 2021 - Launching NZ Mission Internship
- 25 - July - 2021 - Pray for Spain
- 12 - July - 2021 - The Call to Missions